What is your sexual appeal?
Hmm.. Ingenue? VERY interesting.
I juz realised that my last post was the 100th post. Not a very interesting post. Lack of motivation/ispiration to blog these days. Don't know why.
Yesterday night Aunty Michelle (close family friend) smsed me asking if I was interested working in Equatorial Hotel as a coordinator. Uncle Mario was urgently looking for one. When I read that sms I was like 'OK, what is a coordinator??' I was expecting something interesting, u know, being in the hotel line and all, u get to meet ppl and all that. It sounded fun. I called her to ask about the job responsibilities. And she said she wasn't too sure about it and it'd be better if I called Uncle Mario the next day.
Before I could call him, he called me this morning at 8. So we talked for a bit. The job function of a coordinator is actually some sort like a personal assistant to the sales people. So there's loads of paper work, liaising with clients on the phone, preparing and sending out of quotations, bla bla bla. In short, administrative work. And he went on to say that it could get very hectic, it's a very fast-paced kinda job and to get the hang of it, it'd take about 2-3 months. I asked if I were to accept the offer, when do I start. He said 'Today!'. And I was like ok, I'll have to think about it. He also added that he'll be conducting interviews today for that post and if he found a suitable candidate he'll hire him/her. And I said yea sure go ahead, don't worry.
OK so my vision of a coordinator and what the job function really is about contradicts a LOT! I was a little disappointed actually.
I don't know about the pay. Didn't ask. I find myself weird. Usually that's the first thing ppl ask and I didn't even think of it. *slaps forehead* I guess I don't care much about the pay, what's more important is whether I'll enjoy doing the job. So now I'm still indecisive about the job. Somehow or rather I feel like I'm not ready for a job. How can I take on such a big responsibility?! I'm still a kid!!
Most of my friends are already sending out their resumes and stuff. And as for me, I've not even gotten my resume done! I want a job I enjoy. And there are tonnes of things which I think is fun. A job where I can go out and meet ppl is fun. Something that uses my creativity is also fun. I don't mind web development, graphic design and multimedia. Writting is also fun. (I'm planning on applying as a freelance writter for a magazine) And you might think I'm crazy, I think working in a call centre is not bad. OK, maybe I'll strike out the call centre thingy.
Oh well, I'll have to really sit down and think of this. I do need to start SOMEWHERE rite?
2 comments:
whoa...people are dying to deflower you man....hebat
anyway it's important to find a job that you enjoy doing...something you look forward to every morning...if you dont enjoy your job, you'll surely get depressed and dread going to work every morning
Freelance writer? Maybe you can write The "Inflation agony" for a start" haha
Post a Comment