1. My name Midori (Which btw, means green in Japanese, and I forbid you from calling me GREEN.) was given to me by my parents' friends from Japan. And yes, Midori is in my IC. Don't believe me, ask me for my IC when you see me. For those of you who actually thought that I was named after the liquer Midori, stop reading this and go smack yourself hard. And I mean REAL hard.
2. My grandma however, insisted that I should have a Christian name. She wanted to name me Radiance. (I'm not so sure if Radiance is even a Christian name.) But my parents really liked the name Midori. So to make everyone happy, Midori became my first name, and Radiance became my middle name.
3. I didn't know the existence of my middle name until I was nine. I was SO excited at that time, I went telling everyone about my new name. Unfortunately, none of my friends believed me at that time. *sigh* They only started believing me when we were in Standard Six. And from then on, I was known to have the longest name in the class register. 27 freaking characters all together.
4. I came to know later that my parents actually wanted to name me Crystal. But I guess Midori was destined to be my name. Btw, my 3 year old cousin is named Crystal. They couldn't think of any other names. Ha! Oh, which brings me to my sister. For those of you who didn't know, my sister's name is Radiance! Again, couldn't find any other nicer names.
5. I'm very very thankful that I was born a girl because apparently, the other Japanese name suggested if I was a boy would be Taro! TARO!! Like yuckkkkk! Taro isn't even a name! Imagine, Taro Chin. *faints* But I guess even if I was born a boy, my parents wouldn't be so crazy to name me Taro because they didn't name my brother Taro. *phew*
6. Everytime I introduce myself as Midori, people always mishear me and think that I said my name was Mee Goreng. *slaps forehead*
7. I sometimes fool people and tell them that I'm of mixed parentage. I'll tell them that I have a lil bit of English blood, a lil bit of Japenese blood, and a lil bit of Chinese blood. And they'll fall for it and gimme some bullcrap saying "Oh, no wonder you don't look like a Malaysian. Your features are different. And you can't speak Chinese." Then I'll be laughing my ass off silently at their stupid remarks. Like hello?! I look SO Chinese ok? Hahaha! Suckers~!!
8. I love every bit of my name; my first name, my middle name and my chinese name. Very much. *grins*
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
i think these people who says you don't looked chinese wanna polish your shoes only lah, they must have not seen enough chinese in their lifes lol :P
Eh good also lah if you con people you're half japanese, then people won't label you as OCBC ady huahuahuahua
*lol*
I'l let them lick my shoes next time. Heh.
Yea I'l probly con more ppl. Damn shy u know to be known as OCBC?! *malu*
I never knew your chinese name. Care to tell? :P
yeah.......wats ur full name anyway??? blur sial...
*cracks fingers*
Midori Radiance Chin Khee Shyan!
*big big grin*
And btw, reveal urself anonymous fella! Who's there?!
I like your last name. Sweet.
:)
Thank u!
i like to! *grains back*
Post a Comment